Covid-19: The number of confirmed cases in Mpumalanga as of May 24
The Mpumalanga Department of Health confirmed that the number of Covid-19 cases in Mpumalanga has increased to 101.by Danell Watts
South Africa has a total of 22 583 confirmed Covid-19 cases according to an announcement by minister of health, Dr Zweli Mkhize, on Sunday, May 24.
A total of 101 of those cases have been recorded in Mpumalanga. According to data released by the Mpumalanga Department of Health, 58 recoveries have been recorded to date. There have been no deaths recorded in Mpumalanga.
The number of positive cases in Mpumalanga can be broken down as follows:
• Bushbuckridge: three cases and one recovery
• City of Mbombela: 20 cases and eight recoveries
• Nkomazi: 21 cases and 20 recoveries
• Thaba Chweu: two cases and one recovery
Gert Sibande District
• Chief Albert Luthuli: one case and no recoveries
• Dipaliseng: no cases
• Dr Pixely Ka Isaka Seme: 17 cases and 15 recoveries
• Govan Mbeki: 16 cases and two recoveries
• Lekwa: two cases and two recoveries
• Mkhondo: no cases
• Msukaligwa: one case and one recovery
• Dr JS Moroka: one case and one recovery
• Emakhazeni: two cases and two recoveries
• Emalahleni: eight cases and one recovery
• Steve Tshwete: three cases and one recovery
• Thembisile Hani: three cases and three recoveries
• Victor Khanye: one case and no recoveries.
As your local news provider, we have the duty of keeping you factually informed on Covid-19 developments. As you may have noticed, mis- and disinformation (also known as “fake news”) is circulating online. Caxton Local Media is determined to filter through the masses of information doing the rounds and to separate truth from untruth in order to keep you adequately informed. Local newsrooms follow a strict pre-publication fact-checking protocol. A national task team has been established to assist in bringing you credible news reports on Covid-19.
Readers with any comments or queries may contact National Group Editor Irma Green (email@example.com) or Legal Adviser Helene Eloff (firstname.lastname@example.org).