Malware, Microsoft gaming, and Sherlocking apps on the AppleInsider Podcastby Victor Marks
On this week's AppleInsider Podcast, Victor and William talk about coronavirus and its impact on Apple, Microsoft's iOS gaming beta, and the FTC's newfound interest in 'Sherlocked' apps or companies.
AppleInsider editor Victor Marks and writer William Gallagher discuss:
- "iPhone 12" production could be impacted by coronavirus
- Mobile World Congress has been canceled over coronavirus fears and Victor explains the risks that one year's cancellation can present to a trade show's future
- FTC is demanding info on Big Tech acquisitions and it's a bit more serious than Apple having to print out some old spreadsheets for them.
- Mac malware is on the rise, according to a report, and Victor explains how you'll know if you've got one
- Apple Pay transactions are on pace to reach $686 billion by 2024. That's part of an enormous overall growth that's expected in transactions, and Apple's getting a big slice of the pie.
- Andy Rubin's Essential phone proves to be anything but essential. The great experiment has closed down for good.
- Microsoft's game streaming to iOS is in beta and William wants to know if this is like "Microsoft Arcade." Victor patiently explains and William nods a lot.
We like reader email —send us your comments and concerns!
The show is available on iTunes and your favorite podcast apps by searching for "AppleInsider." Click here to listen, subscribe, and don't forget to rate our show.
Listen to the embedded SoundCloud feed below:
Visit our sponsors:
- ExpressVPN - Get an extra 3 months on a 1 year package using the link expressvpn.com/appleinsider,
- Mint Mobile - You're paying too much for wireless phone service. To get your service for as little as $15 a month, and the plan shipped free to your door, go to mintmobile.com/appleinsider.
- 'iPhone 12' production may fall behind schedule because of coronavirus
- Mobile World Congress 2020 canceled due to Coronavirus outbreak
- FTC demanding info from Apple & other big tech companies about past acquisitions
- Mac malware outpaced Windows PCs threats for first time in 2019, report says
- Apple Pay expected to see transactions of $686 billion by 2024
- Essential sees no way to ship the Gem phone and is closing down
- Microsoft Project xCloud iOS testing starts with 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection'
Follow our hosts on Twitter: @vmarks and @wgallagher
Feedback and comments are always appreciated. Please contact the AppleInsider podcast at email@example.com and follow us on Twitter @appleinsider, plus Facebook and Instagram.
Those interested in sponsoring the show can reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.