Myanmar to complain to UNESCO over foreigners’ porn video shooting in Baganby Hsan Htoo Aung
A report will be sent to UNESCO for its advice over taking action against the foreigners reportedly making a pornographic video in Bagan region, listed as a World Heritage Site, said Than Zaw Oo, director of the Department of Archaeology and National Museum.
“For Bagan region, we have a management committee under leadership of the Ministry of Religious Affairs and Culture at a national level and the region chief minister. We understand that we will have to report to UNESCO. As it (Bagan region) is a World Heritage Site, we have to inform UNESCO about its advice over taking action,” Than Zaw Oo said.
“Even for commercial purposes, we have to do something (seeking permission) in that region. It is an act of lowest standard. We have to inform UNESCO to seek advice,” he added.
The 43rd conference of the World Heritage Committee held in Azerbaijan on July 6 last year decided to list Bagan region as World Heritage Site of UNESCO.
Myanmar made its first effort to put Bagan region on the list of World Heritage sites in 1996. But it was enlisted only in 2019.
The first cultural areas regarded as UNESCO’s World Heritage sites in June 22, 2014 are Myanmar’s three ancient Pyu cities namely Hanlin, Beikthano and Sri Ksetra.
In Myanmar Bagan region became the second World Heritage site of UNESCO.